• Originally intended as the Trask Family’s chapel on the upper story and a place to store the estate’s ice from the nearby lakes on the lower story

  • Probably constructed at the same time as the Mansion in 1893

  • In 1926, the first summer Yaddo opened, it became known as the Composer’s Studio

  • Work on the building included exterior masonry work on the foundation and stabilization of the building by concrete injections under the existing foundation

THE CORPORATION OF YADDO

ACOSTA NICHOLS STONE TOWER STUDIO

 

Use:  Institutional – Renovation

Location: Saratoga Springs, New York

Client: Not-for-Profit

Completion: 2003